History – Viesca
Viesca is in the heart of Tuscany and a short distance away from Florence. It has been settled since Roman times, as its Latin toponyms bear witness to. Owned by the Guidi Counts in 1200, a period of frequent wars led to the destruction of Viesca. In arounf 1400 it fell under the control of Florence and a new phase began in which Viesca’s lands were divided up and shared out, until the Estate passed from the hands og the Medici-Tornaquinci family into those of the Martellis at the end of the 18th century. In 1879 Marquis Nerli bought it and set up an agriculture school under the influence and proximity of Don Bosco. It then changed hands many times before being bought in 1950 by Salvatore and Wanda Ferragamo, who had fallen in love with it, with the ide of living there. With the arrival of the Ferragamo family, a new important architectural restoration and repair phase began which restored the manor house and the farmhouses around it to the former glories, making it the ideal place for extended family summer holidays and leisure.
What is special about Viesca is its profound devotion to its guests, an unrivalled range of personalised services designed to respond to all expectations and desires. Hospitality, authenticity and promotion of the area, sustainability and attention to detail are a full part of Il Borro’s philosophy. Privacy and peace are the bywords of this oasis of quiet where everything has been designed with the wellbeing of both adults and children in mind. Meticulous and non-invasive restoration work has been carried out in full respect of the site’s historical spirit and character. Today, as yesterday, the villas welcome families seeking a place to spend precious time with their nearest and dearest. A stay at Viesca means a holiday in total harmony with yourself and with nature. Here you feel part of a corner of Tuscany in which beauty, a home from home feel and the natural world meld, for an authentic and regenerating stay.